| JOB SUMMARY |
PINNACLE III, LLC, a leader in operational development and management for ambulatory surgery centers is seeking an experienced Director of Operations (Administrator) for Port Jefferson Surgery Center in Port Jefferson Station, New York. The ideal candidate is progressive, energetic, and astute with change management. Specific experience in surgery center and/or hospital perioperative operations is required. Clinical experience in one perioperative discipline is preferred. PINNACLE III attributes our outstanding growth to the leadership and dedication of our valued employees. Come join our dynamic team as we continue to grow and excel in the surgery center marketplace!
Port Jefferson ASC, LLC, a multi-specialty surgery center with six operating rooms focuses on orthopaedic, ENT, ophthalmology, general surgery, neurology, and pain management cases. The Director of Operations reports directly to the facility’s Board of Directors and is employed by the existing management company, PINNACLE III. The Administrator provides direct supervision and mentoring to members of the center’s mid-level management team: Clinical Director (Director of Nursing), OR Manager, PACU Manager, and Business Office Manager.
Provides administrative oversight and direction of surgery center operations, including but not limited to, business growth, strategic planning, marketing, financial stewardship, and daily operational activities. Ensures all areas operate within the established policies, procedures, and strategic objectives of PINNACLE III and in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
Coordination of clinical operations
- Administers all aspects of the ASC to provide effective quality care and services.
- Reviews departmental productivity levels and work functions to properly allocate human resources.
- Develops departmental goals for increased productivity, improved efficiencies, and enhanced customer service.
- Regularly benchmarks performance measures to identify best practice and directs implementation of necessary changes.
Development and implementation of strategic plans
- Monitors service line growth and recommends strategies based on operational statistics and market needs and trends.
- Develops and maintains relationships and marketing efforts with physicians and other referral sources.
- Participate in PINNACLE III and ASC partnered initiatives to promote visibility of services.
- Vigilantly monitors cost management in alignment with patient volumes and revenue generation.
- Approves departmental operating and capital budgets ensuring sufficient funds and personnel are available to accomplish departmental objectives within established financial guidelines.
Development and ongoing maintenance of collaborative relationships
- Develops and maintains strong, positive relationships with investors, members of medical staff, facility personnel, business partners, and guests to achieve business goals.
- Acts as a liaison between physicians and other departments to help troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Serves as administrative representative to facilitate professional development of direct reports.
- Ensures compliance with policies, procedures and standards that have been developed to ensure quality management and adherence to state, federal and accreditation organization requirements.
- Ensures regulatory standards and best practice guideline changes occur at the department level.
- Oversees continuous quality improvement initiatives by providing direction to department leaders and monitoring of interdisciplinary involvement in clinical projects.
- Promotes patient safety by reporting of issues through established channels and participating as requested in safety initiatives.
Professional growth and development
- Remains abreast of current practice standards and regulations.
- Maintains membership in professional and/or community organizations.
- Mentors professional development of direct reports through mentorship programs.
- Participates in activities to enhance professional growth and development through continuing education and involvement in professional organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing and/or healthcare administration required.
- Master’s degree in healthcare administration or nursing administration desired.
- Certification in Ambulatory Surgery Center (CASC) desired within 18 months of hire.
- Minimum 3-5 years previous ASC management experience and/or hospital perioperative management required.
- Possesses exceptional communication skills and situational awareness.
- Demonstrates sound judgment, strong mental health, and physical well-being for prolonged exposure to stressful working conditions.
- Possesses strong aptitude for working compatibly with physicians and staff.
- Possesses ability to prioritize incoming information and adjust to changing conditions.
- Possesses ability to conduct research, analyze data, and exhibit confidence in decisions made.
- Understands the importance of ASC efficiency, cost effectiveness, and profitability.
- Possesses ability to manage more than one facility or multiple projects.
- Is willing to travel as necessary.
- Registered Nurse holding active licensure in state of residence preferred.
If you are interested in applying, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or mail to 1658 Cole Blvd, Lakewood, CO 80401, Attn: Port Jefferson ASC Hiring Manager. For more information, visit: www.pinnacleiii.com/about/career-opportunities.