Good Samaritan Hospital, located in exciting downtown Los Angeles, is a world class academic medical center that reflects a multicultural population, and an international reputation with both its patient base and its medical staff. Noted as one of America’s Best Medical Centers, Good Samaritan Hospital supports eight Centers of Excellence that focus on advancing the science of medicine while at the same time providing outstanding patient care.
STROKE COORDINATOR- RN/NP
The Comprehensive Stroke Center at Good Samaritan Hospital operates in collaboration with the USC/Keck School of Medicine’s Department of Neurosciences. The team of physician faculty members from USC includes neurosurgeons, neurologist, neuro-interventionalist, and neuro-intensivists. In addition, Good Samaritan Hospital has been consistently named a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® by The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in the United States.
STROKE COORDINATOR- RN/NP
In this exciting position as the Stroke Coordinator the primary responsible is for the:
- Administration and coordination of services associated with the Good Samaritan Hospital Stroke Center. He/she supervises the care of stroke patients throughout the care continuum.
- The Stroke Coordinator participates in program development as it relates to the stroke center. This includes, but is not limited to staff education, patient education, community education, program development and marketing.
- The Stroke Coordinator plans, develops and implements Stroke Center initiatives that are in keeping with the mission, vision, and values of Good Samaritan Hospital.
The successful applicant is required to have:
- Graduate of an accredited RN school of nursing.
BSN required, Certified Nurse Practitioner preferred.
- Current California RN License required.
- Minimum of three years nursing experience, including care of stroke patients. Two years of critical care nursing experience required. Experience with certified stroke program preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers sponsored by the American Heart Association.
- Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support(ACLS) certification for Healthcare Providers sponsored by the American Heart Association.
- Working knowledge of performance improvement, licensure and accreditation requirements.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer relation skills.
- Prior knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel preferred.
- Demonstrates good capacity for teaching, organizing, planning and development.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and retirement plan. Plus free parking, onsite child care services, an onsite fitness center and much more!
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!!
For information and to apply, visit www.goodsam.org or call Vanessa Labasan, Sr. Nurse Recruiter (213) 977-2384.