University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute (UM Rehab & Ortho), based in Baltimore, Maryland and part of the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) is looking to recruit a full-time Psych NP (PMHNP) for an open, full-time position. Our ideal candidate will be Maryland licensed and have 2 years experience providing psychiatric care.
General duties include performing comprehensive psychiatric evaluations, diagnosis and treatment recommendations.
UM Rehab & Ortho is recognized as one of the largest and most sophisticated rehabilitation facilities in the region.
The opportunity features include:
- Collaborate with experienced Psych Registered Nurses, Neurologists, Physiatrists, and Attendings
- University of Maryland Community Medical Group employee
- Competitive base salary and benefits package.
All UM Rehab & Ortho team members practice in a friendly, team oriented environment with an excellent patient population.
What You Need to be Successful:
- Current CPR card required.
- Master’s degree in Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, (including all coursework required to take the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner board examination) required.
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maryland is required.
- Advanced certification as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
- At least 2 years of experience in a Psychiatric setting, preferably in an advanced practice or consultative role
Recognized as one of the largest and most sophisticated rehabilitation facilities in the region, UM ROI offers a broad range of inpatient and outpatient rehabilitative services, including physical, occupational, recreational, speech and language therapies, and is home to the area’s premier Brain Injury, Stroke, Spinal Cord Injury/Multiple Trauma, and Comprehensive Rehabilitation Programs. Surgical specialties include joint replacement, sports medicine, hand and upper extremities, foot/ankle, and pediatrics.
UMMS hospitals and health care facilities are equal opportunity employers and proud of an environment of diversity.