University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute (UM Rehab & Ortho), based in Baltimore, Maryland, part of the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) is looking for a Vice President Medical Affairs/Chief Medical Officer. Recognized as one of the largest and most sophisticated rehabilitation facilities in the region, UM Rehab & Ortho offers a broad range of inpatient and outpatient rehabilitative services, including physical, occupational, recreational, speech and language therapies, and is home to the area’s premier Brain Injury, Stroke, Spinal Cord Injury/Multiple Trauma, and Comprehensive Rehabilitation Programs. Surgical specialties include joint replacement, sports medicine, hand and upper extremities, foot/ankle, and pediatrics.
- Quality of care and outcomes consistent with excellent patient care standards and benchmarks.
- In collaboration with the University of Maryland Medical System, determine areas of focus and targeted outcomes for UM Rehab & Ortho.
- Fostering excellent relationships for the Quality, Risk Management and Infection Control functions, Medical Staff Affairs, Care Management, Physician Support, Medical Education and Clinical Departments.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Board Certification (Physical Medicine or Neurology preferred) and licensed to practice medicine in the state of practice
- Minimum of seven years successful health care management experience demonstrating progressive experience and effective leadership, including experience in an inpatient rehabilitation setting.
- Demonstrate effectiveness in managing departmental operations and management/supervisory personnel, evaluating, training and motivating performance is required.
- Ability to accomplish results through others. Demonstrated ability to delegate effectively and to establish clear guidelines for accountability.
- Ability to build consensus and provide strong leadership in a team environment with the highest of professional and personal integrity.
- Strong business planning and program development skills; demonstrated analytical problem solving and creative planning skills; a proven track record in the development of quality clinical services.
- Highly effective communication skills are necessary to work with Medical Staff, Board of Directors, Administration/Senior Management, hospital personnel, the media, and the community.
Located near the Chesapeake Bay, Baltimore is an enticing place to live, play and work because of the diversified lifestyles that are offered. The area provides easy access to cultural, recreational and education opportunities along with Appalachian hiking trails, professional and college sports teams and easy access to Washington, D.C. Join our community, where physicians work together to improve the practice of medicine.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Come see why UMMS is the place for physicians to practice.