Providence is calling a full time, night shift Registered Nurse to our Mother Baby Unit at the Providence Saint Joseph's Medical Center location in Burbank, CA. Eligible for Retention Bonus - External Candidates only.
In this position you will:
- Provide professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment
- Be accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan
- Engage in ongoing professional development; practices to the top of license within the legal parameters of the Nurse Practice Act, the Nursing Social Policy Statement, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses, and specialty standards
- Lead and coordinate teams, appropriately delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- If the Registered Nurse holds a multistate license through the Nurse Licensure Compact, the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire
- Nursing degree/diploma
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree or higher within 3 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Any previously agreed upon effective date for obtaining a Bachelor's degree in nursing between individual and facility will remain in effect
- Any collective bargaining contract with specific time frames for obtaining a bachelor's degree in nursing will supersede the above point and will remain in effect
- Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader
- 12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at the facility
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association ( AHA ), American Red Cross ( ARC ), or Military Training Network ( MTN ) upon hire
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program ( NRP ) Certification.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, CA, is a 414 bed acute care facility, known for its state-of-the-art technology and high quality, compassionate care, has provided the full range of diagnostic, treatment, care and support services for the San Fernando Valley communities for close to 70 years.
Many of our specialized services are provided within our Heart and Vascular Institute, one of Los Angeles County's first STEMI designated receiving centers of heart attack victims; our Hycy and Howard Hill Neuroscience Institute, awarded the Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission for a Primary Stroke Center, and the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association (2010); our Women's Pavilion, and our newly opened the Roy and Patricia Disney Family Cancer Center, a comprehensive, state-of-the-art, patient-centered, treatment facility. Our cancer center includes some of the most advanced technology in radiation oncology, highly advanced medical and surgical oncology, excellent clinical outcomes and research, and all patient support services are housed in the same building.
Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center has an exceptional orthopedic program recognized for its excellent outcomes and clinical expertise. And Providence Saint Joseph's Bariatric Program, a leader and resource for those dealing with obesity in Southern California, received a Five-Star Rating for Bariatric Surgery, and Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence designation from HealthGrades.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Labor & Delivery/Obstetric Nursing
Req ID: 151601