Community Rehabilitation Hospital North, located on the Community Hospital North medical campus and in partnership with Kindred Healthcare, is an inpatient facility that offers superior access and the latest equipment to improve the lives of individuals with a broad range of diagnoses - from brain and spinal cord injury to stroke and amputation.
Our 63,000 square foot facility has 60 beds and serves as a Midwestern regional provider for patients with complex physical and neurological injuries and has an advanced accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) in Adult Inpatient Care and for their Inpatient Brain Injury Specialty Program and Stroke Specialty Program.
The Registered Nurse (RN) functions under the general supervision of the Nurse Manager. The RN provides nursing care to patients meeting the standards necessary for inpatient rehabilitation.The RN is responsible for quality outcome oriented patient care and is accountable for the delivery of safe care. The RN also assumes responsibility and accountability for the care of those patients being treated by Licensed Practical Nurses and Patient Support Technicians as assigned. The RN may be assigned to orient staff and/or students and to, occasionally assume the duties and responsibilities of their supervisor in the absence.
Accurately performs complete patient assessments and identifies patient needs.
Identifies and initiates appropriate nursing interventions.
* To assist with patients transition to their next level of care the RN provides patient and family teaching throughout the rehabilitation stay and prior to discharge.
Provides care appropriate to condition and age of the patient.
* Works cooperatively and actively participates with other members of the interdisciplinary team.
Participates in Continuous Quality and Performance Improvement (CQPI).
* May provide input into the budgetary planning process and contributes to cost effectiveness of services and programs provided by the department and hospital.
* Communicates employee observations and suggestions related to opportunities for improvement and staff educational needs.
Maintains positive relationships with all customers.
Complies with regulatory and accreditation standards, both Federal and Local.
* Responsible for personal and professional development.
* Maintains ethical practices and HIPAA requirements.
* Ensures compliance with policies and procedures regarding department operations, fire, safety and infection provention.
* Maintains medical staff rules/requirements, as well as regulatory body standards.
Promotes rehabilitation nursing philosophy and scope of practice.
* Actively participates in team conferences.
Performs timely and appropriate documentation relating to medical necessity in the medical record.
Responsible for completion and revision of the Interdisciplinary Care Plan for each patient.
Performs timely and accurate FIM assessments.
Provides a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff and complies with appropriate and approved safety standards.
Supports the leadership of the hospital in a professional manner and acts as a role model.
Other duties as assigned.
As a Registered Nurse / RN you will have:
Graduate from an accredited Bachelors of Science in Nursing, Associate Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program.
Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse.
Minimum six months' Medical/Surgical experience in an acute care setting preferred.
Job : RN Primary Location : IN-Indianapolis-Community North Rehab Hosp Organization : 4072 - Community North Rehab Hosp Shift : Night