Your Journey with us began the moment you made the choice to seek a career with Banner Health. Whether you are just beginning your career or your Journey has spanned 30 years, Banner's employer commitment is: "We'll help make a difference in your life and career so you can make a difference in the lives of others.
Bring your experience to our OR and experience our cutting-edge technology such as the MAKO robot, Da Vinci Xi and Si, O-arm and ENT navigation.
As the Unit Assistant you will have the opportunity to work alongside our best surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurses and techs. You will be responsible for collection, inventory, cleaning and distribution of medical supplies and patient care equipment for the unit. Additionally, you will be responsible for miscellaneous tasks such as transporting patients and supplies, and may include transporting health records, lab specimens and equipment to other areas.
Schedule is 2:30pm- 11pm. *This position is eligible for an 18% shift differential after 7pm.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life!
Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center excels in providing extraordinary health care to residents of the northwest Valley of metro Phoenix and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. With 390 licensed beds, the hospital provides a wide range of services, including acute medical and surgical services as well as intensive care, emergency and urgent care, inpatient/outpatient surgery, cardiac catheterization, neurology, orthopedics, oncology, urology, pulmonary, obstetrics and gynecology, extended care, outpatient diagnostic services, acute and outpatient rehabilitation and adult behavioral services.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for collection, inventory, cleaning and distribution of medical supplies and patient care equipment for the unit. This position is also responsible for miscellaneous tasks such as transporting patients and supplies, and may include transporting health records, lab specimens and equipment to other areas. This position may provide basic, hands-on, patient care as requested by supervisor.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Inventories, orders, replenishes, and disperses supplies within the department, ensuring all areas and carts are appropriately stocked and the supplies are readily accessible to the clinical staff. Assists with transportation, delivery, and pick-up of supplies, health records, lab specimens, and/or equipment. Rotates and inventories stock to ensure sterile packaging integrity and current expiration dates. Monitors utilization and recommends changes as appropriate. Maintains quality records of various department equipment, supplies, storage areas, etc.
2. Maintains unit equipment, instruments and trays in accordance with department policy. Cleans, sorts, assembles equipment, instruments and/or trays according to standard set-up and replaces in designated areas, ensuring they are readily accessible. Responsible for finding and bringing equipment or instruments for procedures, under the direction of the clinical staff. May check instruments and equipment, as assigned, to see if they need repair and liaison with technology management.
3. Maintains clean and safe work environment and discards soiled linen and trash. Completes room set-up which may include comprehensive cleaning, bed turnover and preparation of special procedure carts. Remove debris from floors, walls, equipment and other surfaces using disinfectant, damp mops etc.
4. Provides basic, hands-on, patient care as requested by supervisor, including but not limited to patient transport and ambulation.
5. May provide general support to the department, including performing administrative tasks and greeting and assisting patients, visitors, physicians, and ancillary personnel. May provide back-up support for Monitor Techs in designated departments - this will require additional specialized training provided by the department.
6. This position works under local supervision and has responsibility for assigned unit only. Incumbents work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment with a strong focus on customer service. Interacts with staff at all levels throughout the facility. Customers are patients, families, physicians, unit staff, case managers, patient service staff and medical records staff. Interacts with a wide variety of external customers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
BLS certification required.
Requires skills and abilities typically attained with 6 months of healthcare experience. Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills. Working knowledge of medical terminology is required. Banner Registry and Travel positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a Unit Assistant in the specialty area.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge of patient related supplies, materials, equipment and aseptic techniques are preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R12187
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.