Medical imaging plays a pivotal role in the delivery of excellent patient care at Banner Health. From detection and diagnosis to the treatment of illnesses and abnormalities, Banner Health's varied medical imaging and radiology services help physicians establish and execute individualized treatment plans.
Diagnostic Imaging at Banner Thunderbird Medical Center is busy, fast paced, and gives you the opportunity to do what you do best: Providing excellent care for patients. Technologists here use state of the art digital imaging equipment to perform over 350 exams per day.
As a Special Procedures Technologist, you will be joining the Diagnostic Team that will give you the ability to work in all areas of the department. You will directly support Interventional Radiology. If working in a Level 1 Trauma Center interests you, then this is your place!
This is a full time (40 hours/week) position.
Enjoy 4 10's from 7:30am-6pm
Nonprofit Banner Thunderbird Medical Center opened its doors in 1983 and has been growing ever since to meet the health care needs of the communities it serves in northwest metropolitan Phoenix. Today, the 555-bed hospital - one of the largest hospitals in the state - is annually ranked as one of the top hospitals in the Phoenix metropolitan area by US News & World Report and enjoys a reputation as the preferred provider of care to children and adults in the area in consumer preference surveys. The tertiary care hospital provides everything from routine to advanced, specialized care to both adult and pediatric patients. Specialized services include cardiology, orthopedic surgery, pediatrics, neurosurgery, robotic surgery, stroke care and a women and infants services program. Additionally, in partnership with top-ranked MD Anderson Cancer Center, Banner Thunderbird also offers state-of-the-art cancer care. Banner Thunderbird is certified as a Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center and features a 35-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit that cares for babies of high-risk pregnancies and those born prematurely. Banner Thunderbird is also home to the only pediatric intensive care unit for seriously ill or injured children in the area. If you would like to contribute to truly leading edge caring, we invite you to bring your experience and skills to Banner Thunderbird.
POSITION SUMMARY This position facilitates services and provides clinical support within the department. Performs prescribed procedures as directed by following department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to organize and provide care appropriate to patient population.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides or facilitates patient care for patient populations and serves as a resource to staff for clinical support. Assumes responsibility for direct patient care when necessary. Promotes interdisciplinary patient care planning and patient education.
2. Demonstrates leadership qualities in support of department needs and collaborates with various departments, outside vendors, and other departments to assure adequate resources and the proper coordination of safe, efficient patient care management.
3. Serves as resource to patients, families, providers and staff in providing care by facilitating patient flow. Assists in the interpretation of department/facility/system policies within the clinical setting. Responsible for providing safe and cost effective care while considering patient satisfaction and customer service.
4. Participates in staff development, orientation, education and evaluation of clinical competencies. Mentors staff to increase clinical, critical thinking and problem solving skills. May participate in employee performance assessments.
5. Supports change and assists in the development, interpretation, implementation and evaluation of the process improvement and quality management activities of the department/system. May serve as QA and clinical educator. May coordinate and assist in development of QI/QC projects.
6. Monitors staff usage and ensures staffing meets patient needs in a fiscally responsible manner.
7. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to imaging practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information. Adheres to safety policies.
8. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Performs prescribed procedures in accordance with established departmental/facility policies and procedures.
9. This position functions within the Imaging department of the assigned facility. Participates on committees as assigned. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Certificate or diploma from an approved/accredited Radiologic Technology program or equivalent program for other modalities (MRI, Nuclear Medicine, CAT Scan, Mammography, Diagnostic imaging).
Requires national certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and/or modality qualified licensure (NMTCB, ARDMS, ARMRIT). Licensure by state regulatory agency required, if applicable. Advance certification by accrediting body in specialty required (MRI, Nuclear Medicine, CAT Scan, Mammography), if applicable. BLS certification required. Depending on certification and modality(ies) coordinating, may be assigned to a single modality or Multi-Modality Medical Imaging Coordinator role (Ultrasound Coordinator, MRI Coordinator, Mult Mod Med Img Coord, etc.)
This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 3+ years of experience. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems.
Health care related Bachelors degree and prior supervisory experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R27678
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.