At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the health care experience the best it can be! Our team has come together with a common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
As a Multi-Modality Lead , there will be exciting opportunities to be a part of the health care transformation. Banner University Medical Imaging offers cutting edge medicine in combination with the most advanced imaging technologies currently available. Located in the beautiful, new Tower 1 at Banner University Medical Center as well as other locations throughout Tucson, our state-of-the-art Imaging Department provides unparalleled imaging services to a distinctly unique class of patients. Because of this, our kind, caring, and certified imaging professionals provide safe and timely care in an environment that has been designed especially for patient comfort. Our Radiologists are academic professors at the University of Arizona and highly skilled specialist physicians. Their years of advanced training in specific areas of the body make them highly sought-after subject matter experts in the detection and diagnosis of illness. As the preferred location for all high acuity imaging in Southern Arizona, we provide imaging services in MRI, CT, Angiograms, Ultrasound, PET, Nuclear Medicine, X-Ray, and Advanced Breast Imaging. We see patients across the spectrum including children and adults, those who require anesthesia services or have implantable devices to those who have experienced an acute athletic injury. Whether patients are visiting us for a simple imaging procedure or have a more advanced medical imaging need, we are more than just another imaging location.... we are a Comprehensive Stroke Center, a partner to the University of Arizona Cancer Center, a multi-disciplinary Center of Excellence and the imaging center of choice to receive the most accurate medical screening services available.
This position will be working day shift, Monday-Friday. Enjoy an 18%-night shift differential and a flat rate $3/hour weekend shift differential, when applicable.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options, so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Center South Banner - University Medical Center South is a comprehensive medical center that includes an Emergency department, a state-designated trauma center and a Behavioral Health Pavilion. We are an Arizona Department of Health Services-accredited Cardiac Receiving Center and a Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders-designated senior-friendly hospital. The hospital is staffed by physicians who are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson and is managed by Banner Health under an operating agreement with Pima County. Our specialty services include inpatient and outpatient behavioral health, treatment and education for diabetes, innovative geriatrics care and comprehensive orthopedics.
POSITION SUMMARY This position facilitates services and provides clinical support within the department. Performs prescribed procedures as directed by following department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to organize and provide care appropriate to patient population.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides or facilitates patient care for patient populations and serves as a resource to staff for clinical support. Assumes responsibility for direct patient care when necessary. Promotes interdisciplinary patient care planning and patient education.
2. Demonstrates leadership qualities in support of department needs and collaborates with various departments, outside vendors, and other departments to assure adequate resources and the proper coordination of safe, efficient patient care management.
3. Serves as resource to patients, families, providers and staff in providing care by facilitating patient flow. Assists in the interpretation of department/facility/system policies within the clinical setting. Responsible for providing safe and cost effective care while considering patient satisfaction and customer service.
4. Participates in staff development, orientation, education and evaluation of clinical competencies. Mentors staff to increase clinical, critical thinking and problem solving skills. May participate in employee performance assessments.
5. Supports change and assists in the development, interpretation, implementation and evaluation of the process improvement and quality management activities of the department/system. May serve as QA and clinical educator. May coordinate and assist in development of QI/QC projects.
6. Monitors staff usage and ensures staffing meets patient needs in a fiscally responsible manner.
7. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to imaging practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information. Adheres to safety policies.
8. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Performs prescribed procedures in accordance with established departmental/facility policies and procedures.
9. This position functions within the Imaging department of the assigned facility. Participates on committees as assigned. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Certificate or diploma from an approved/accredited Radiologic Technology program or equivalent program for other modalities (MRI, Nuclear Medicine, CAT Scan, Mammography, Diagnostic imaging).
Requires national certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and/or modality qualified licensure (NMTCB, ARDMS, ARMRIT). Licensure by state regulatory agency required, if applicable. Advance certification by accrediting body in specialty required (MRI, Nuclear Medicine, CAT Scan, Mammography), if applicable. BLS certification required. Depending on certification and modality(ies) coordinating, may be assigned to a single modality or Multi-Modality Medical Imaging Coordinator role (Ultrasound Coordinator, MRI Coordinator, Mult Mod Med Img Coord, etc.)
This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 3+ years of experience. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems.
Health care related Bachelors degree and prior supervisory experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.