Location Address:3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Full Time 40 Hours Per Week. 5x8 work week. 30 Minute call required to include rotating weekends and holidays.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers.
· Demonstrates appropriate and courteous phone etiquette.
· Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
· Performs tech checks to assist nursing with hourly rounding using the AIDET technique.
· Demonstrates culturally competent care into daily practice.
· Reflects ICBEST practices as a representative of Florida Hospital Tampa.
· Demonstrates organizational commitment standards and values.
· Communicates in a timely manner with the appropriate RN as needed.
· Will assist with paper process during and after computer down time.
· Assists with updates to patient white boards.
· Greets new patients and families in timely and courteous manner on arrival.
· Adheres to organizational standards for dress and professional appearance.
· Demonstrates collaboration and teamwork in assisting with patient flow.
· Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the delivery of nursing services and when ordering supplies and complies with decisions made for staffing adjustments (i.e. floating).
· The Nurse Technician supports the delivery of patient care in accordance with standards of care emphasizing basic hygiene, comfort, and activities of daily living under the direction of the Registered Nurse to promote the achievement of identified patient outcomes. Reports changes of condition, potential problems or concerns involving the patient or family promptly to the nurse in timely manner (i.e. vital signs, intake/output).
· Assists in maintaining patient skin integrity by:
o Turning and repositioning patient according to policy.
o Notifies nurse if skin breakdown observed.
· Performs accucheks and hemocults per hospital procedure and documents.
· Documents accurately and timely all procedures and patient care tasks.
· Removes peripheral IV catheters, disposes of in accordance with hospital biohazardous waste policy, observes site and notifies nurse of condition. Documents in electronic medical record (EMR).
· Empties Foley bags, JP’s, and hemovacs. Documents care and intake/output in the (EMR).
· Specimen Collection as assigned by RN and following hospital policy for patient identification.
· Takes vital signs, accurate weights, and measures intake/output and documents accurately.
· Transports patients with necessary equipment to destinations within scheduled time frames, observing correct techniques.
· Assists in positioning, lifting, and ambulating patients, using appropriate safety precautions and body mechanics.
· Answers call lights in a timely manner.
· Distributes linen supplies.
· Supports nutritional needs of the patient by:
o Assisting with meal set-up.
o Feeding patients within identified restrictions.
o Documents percent of meal intake including supplements.
o Notifies and documents communication to nurse if patient does not have adequate p.o. intake for meals or snacks, or if the patient is not following fluid restrictions in timely manner.
· Performs proper hand-washing techniques before, during, and after patient care at all times.
· Demonstrates safety in care of patients with restraints:
o Ensures restraints are applied properly according to FHT policy/procedure.
o Reports any patient behavioral changes to the nurse.
· Demonstrates responsibility for patient safety related to falls.
· Participates in frequent “tech checks” to decrease patient need to use call light system and increase patient safety.
· Places bed alarms on patients at risk for falls.
· Recognizes all patients are on fall risk in the hospital environment:
o Responds immediately to patient bed alarms.
o Responds to call bells in a timely manner.
o Is proactive in meeting all patient needs.
· Adheres to specifics on isolation signage for patients Acts as preceptor for new unit staff members as assigned. Ensures safe and effective handoff communications between care givers.
· Completes all mandatory educational requirements, Completes CNA/NT self-study educational packets, attends 75% of unit staff meetings.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal instructions effectively.
Must have documentation (evidenced by CNA license) that supports the attainment of the following skill sets:
o Knowledge of and ability to perform accuchecks and hemoccults.
o Knowledge of normal parameters for vital signs for age specific population
o Knowledge of and ability to obtain vital signs correctly
o Knowledge of and ability to remove peripheral IV catheters.
o Knowledge of and ability to empty foley bags, JP’s and hemovacs
o Working knowledge of and ability to use computer and perform data entry.
o Ability and willingness to work a flexible workweek including weekends, nights and overtime as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Completion of a formal Certified Nursing Assistant education program or Must be currently enrolled in an accredited nursing program with transcripts providing for successful completion of fundamentals of nursing course materials. , Or,
· Completion of the equivalent of Basic Fundamentals of Nursing, from an accredited Nursing Program.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
· Current Florida Certified Nursing Assistant license, (unless currently enrolled in ASN or BSN program with completion of fundamentals of nursing).
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable forconsistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of AdventHealth and its facilities
Perform specific tasks or routines supportive to delivery of patient care while performing as “Goodwill Ambassador”; conducting patient and family checks in the assigned nursing unit under the direction of a Registered Nurse in accordance with Division of Nursing standards. Will also perform clerical duties related to computers, workstation on wheels (WOWs) equipment and supply checks. Responsible for the inventory and ordering of supplies, equipment and services needed to support the efficient operation of the assigned nursing unit and patient care delivery.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.