Structural Heart Registered Nurse Navigator Full Time Days
Desert Regional Medical Center
Location: Palm Springs, California
Internal Number: 2105048667
Desert Regional Medical Center is a 385 bed acute-care hospital classified as a stroke receiving center and level 2 trauma facility with an innovative , patient centered and evidence-based Rehabilitation Services Department. Our compassionate team provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services, including acute care rehabilitation, joint replacement & spinal surgery, neurosurgery, ICU, Telemetry, step-down care, skilled nursing, as well as outpatient therapy, hand and lymphedema clinics.
GENERAL DUTIES: The Structural Heart Nurse Navigator serves as the central contact and resource for the patient and families. They also serve as a liaison between patient/physician and hospital.
1. Set clear expectations for patients, explain plan of care and provide reassurance
2. Provide necessary education pertinent to the diagnosis, treatment plan, medications, diet, life style changes and community resources.
3. Assist with scheduling appropriate screening testing, preadmission testing, procedures and follow up appointments
4. Initiates insurance pre-authorization for any Structural Heart testing if needed
5. Navigates patients through the approval process, hospital admission and post procedure care.
6. Reviews clinic charts and collaborates findings with patient, physicians and the multidisciplinary team.
7. Gathers patient health history and updates documentation in EMR.
8. Meets with patients and families the day of the procedure.
9. Assists preop nurses with consents and patient education.
10. Rounds on inpatients daily and continually reevaluates plan of care.
11. Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team and facilitates necessary referrals to meet the patientâ��s health care needs.
12. Provides patient discharge instructions, patient education and arranges follow up appointments.
13. Contacts the patient within 72 hours of discharge to evaluate medication compliance, confirm follow up appointments, cardiac rehab enrollment and assess recovery progress.
14. Remains patientâ��s contact for one year post procedure.
15. Reviews medical record and abstracts data to ensure complete and authentic data for all applicable registries.
16. Participates in in community outreach and marketing programs
Bachelorâ��s Degree in Nursing
Current RN licensure in the State of California
Current American Heart Association BLS Certification (maintain current at all times)
Current American Heart Association ACLS certification (maintain current at all times)
Minimum of 3-5 years critical care or cath lab experience.
Demonstrated clinical competence
Proficient with Word, Excel and Data entry
Demonstrated ability to present self in positive and professional manner.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Primary Location: Palm Springs, California
Facility: Desert Regional Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.