**Up to $25,000 Sign on Bonus, based on amount of relevant experience**
Unit Specializes in: Medical Intensive Care Unit
Specialized Equipment: Pulmonary Critical Care
DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital, Michiganâ��s first Level I Trauma Center, helped pioneer the evolution of emergency medicine and currently has one of the busiest and most well-equipped emergency departments anywhere. The first and largest verified burn center in the state is at Receiving, and it is one of only 43 in the nation. Receiving also offers the stateâ��s leading 24/7 hyperbaric oxygen program, Metro Detroitâ��s first certified primary stroke center, and the nationally recognized and accredited DMC Rosa Parks Geriatric Center of Excellence.
Under general supervision, instructs, counsels, monitors and evaluates nursing personnel during orientation to hospital or unit; assists in planning, presenting, evaluating and revising staff development activities; performs duties of cCharge nurse/team leader or Staff Nurse when needed.
1. Instructs, counsels and monitors the work of nursing orientees in the aspects of clinical nursing relative to assigned area; educates nursing orientees concerning nursing policies and procedures.
2. Collaborates with Nurse Educator in planning and structuring orientation program to meet the individual orientees needs; plans daily assignments for orientees.
3. Performs on-going assessment and regular formal evaluations of nursing staff during orientation period; documents all observations and submits recommendations to supervisor (e.g., duration of individual orientation).
4. Assists Nurse Educator in planning, presenting, evaluating and revising the staff development activities and nursing policies and procedures.
5. Serves as a role model and resource person for all nursing staff.
6. Performs duties and responsibilities of charge nurse/team leader or Staff Nurse as needed or directed.
7. Adheres to the mission, vision, values and code of Business Conduct as established by the DMC and its associate facilities. Demonstrates an understanding of and a commitment to customer service values of respect, courtesy, ownership, privacy, professionalism and responsiveness.
8. Adheres to hospital and department policies, procedures, and objectives and performs other duties as assigned.
1. BSN or enrollment/documented intent to complete within two years.
2. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Michigan.
3. Two years staff nurse experience in area of clinical specialty.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE WORK OF OTHERS
1. Provides training and guidance to assigned personnel.
2. Provides functional guidance and training to less skilled personnel.
3. May act as charge nurse or team leader.
4. May supervise nursing students.
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Receiving Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Shift Begin: 7:00 AMShift End: 7:30 PM
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.