Location: Twin Falls, Idaho
St Luke's Health System in Twin Falls is seeking a RN to join our Cardiopulmonary team.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for evaluating patients and assisting physicians with patient care. Plans, implements, and documents nursing care based on patient's needs.
Our Cardiopulmonary Unit (CPU) is a 36-bed unit with private rooms. Each of our rooms are equipped withTelehealth Nurse Monitoring as well as overhead lifts. The patient population we serve are thoseexperiencing strokes, myocardial infarction, postpacemaker placement and other cardiac procedures, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Congestive Heart Failure (CHF), cardiac dysrhythmias, pneumonia, sepsis, and other patients with a variety of medical conditions. We are the primary COVID floor and, if needed, we are designated to take overflow from the Intermediate Care Unit.* RN Ratio 1:5 (1:4 for high acuity)* CNA Ratio 1:8
OPPORTUNITIES* New grad Residency (STAR)* Bootcamp Skills Class* Telemetry & EKG training* NIH Stroke Scale (NIHSS) Certification* Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
Our priority will always be to support the growth and development of our team members, both new and experienced. We look forward to welcoming you to our CPU family!
Sign On Bonus/Relocation package
Day and Night Shifts available as well as some part time
- Identifies patient needs and determines priorities for care through assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
- Develops, implements and coordinates individualized plan of care for patients assigned through initial and on-going assessments.
- Initiates assessment based on the patient's problems or needs, the physician's medical diagnosis, and the functional health framework.
- Performs therapeutic nursing interventions.
- Manages care of patients.
- Documents care based on standards of care and practice, patient acuity, and/or clinical priorities
- Advocates for evidence-based practice care standards and supports adoption of evidence-based practices and innovations in care delivery.
- Provides patient centric care in alignment with professional nursing practice model.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Associates Degree in Nursing required, Bachelor's of Nursing
- Experience: 1+ years' experience
- Licenses/Certifications: Current RN licensure from the State of Practice
***Please note - This Registered Nurse position is for nurses with 1+ years of RN experience. We currently have our "STAR Nurse Residency New Grad RN (<12 mo. Exp.)" positions open. Please search for "New Grad RN" on our careers portal to be considered for current openings.
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
About Twin Falls
Located in Southern Idaho, just under two hours from Boise, Twin Falls offers four distinct seasons and is best known for Shoshone Falls - "Niagara of the West" - and bountiful outdoor adventures. Adventure seekers here can enjoy whitewater rafting, kayaking, rock-climbing and BASE jumping from Perrine Bridge. Twin Falls has a thriving agriculture-based economy, which powers its reputation as a preferred location for food science, production and processing companies. Local schools receive strong support from the community in both academics and sports, while also enriching the community's arts and culture scene. With a low crime rate, good schools and endless opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast, you'll find Twin Falls is unhurried, unspoiled and unassuming.
Learn more about what the Magic Valley has to offer you:
City of Twin Falls | Perrine Bridge | Shoshone Falls | Snake River Canyon Rim Trails | Dierkes Lake | Idaho Heritage Museum | Herrett Center for Arts and Sciences | Orpheum Theatre | Faulkner Planetarium | Twin Falls Parks and Rec | Twin Falls Golf Club | Farmer's Market | Pomerelle Ski Resort | Balanced Rock | City of Rocks | Thousand Springs | Magic Valley Symphony | Sawtooth National Forest
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.