Location: Meridian, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System is seeking an experienced ICU or ER Trauma Level 2 RN to join our Crisis team in our Boise, Meridian or Nampa location.
Shift: Full Time - nights; 3/12 hour shifts
The Crisis Nurse works under our Clinical Support Unit and responds to and leads interventions on Rapid Response Team calls, responds to Code Blue calls as Code Blue Team Leader, responds for Code Stroke calls, and responds to the Emergency Department & Hospital for "Code Sepsis" patients as requested.
When skills are not needed for crisis situations the Crisis RN will round in all units on patients admitted from the Emergency Department or transferred out of ICU in the last 24 hours and work with the administrative supervisor to provide assistance with other patient care interventions that can be interrupted for emergency calls. Crisis RN's will also partner with bedside staff to help mentor and educate as needed.
*Sign-on bonus available to external candidates*
- Identifies patient needs and determines priorities for care through assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
- Develops, implements and coordinates individualized plan of care for patients assigned through initial and on-going assessments.
- Initiates assessment based on the patient's problems or needs, the physician's medical diagnosis, and the functional health framework.
- Performs therapeutic nursing interventions.
- Manages care of patients.
- Documents care based on standards of care and practice, patient acuity, and/or clinical priorities
- Advocates for evidence-based practice care standards and supports adoption of evidence-based practices and innovations in care delivery.
- Provides patient centric care in alignment with professional nursing practice model.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
***Please note - This Registered Nurse position is for nurses with 1+ years of RN experience. We currently have our "STAR Nurse Residency New Grad RN (<12 mo. Exp.)" positions open. Please search for "New Grad RN" on our careers portal to be considered for current opening
- 2 years Critical Care experience (or)
- 2 years ED trauma level 2 experience
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
About Treasure Valley
Known as the "City of Trees," Boise is Idaho's capital city--both a cultural center and a playground for those who love the outdoors. A vibrant downtown area affords fine dining, theatre, music, and college and semi-professional sports. Downtown Boise's main attractions include the Idaho State Capitol, the classic Egyptian Theatre, the Boise Art Museum, Julia Davis Park and Zoo Boise. The Greenbelt follows the beautiful Boise River corridor for more than 30 miles, and the Boise foothills are home to miles of hiking and biking trails.
Learn more about what the City of Trees has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Boise Valley Economic Partnership | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.