Location: Newark, Delaware
Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiology Short Stay
PT - 12-Hour Rotating Shifts - Midnight/Day (Hours: 7p-7a & 7a to 7p)Weekends as required by the department.
Newark, DE / Willington, DE
We are looking for an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) to join our Cardiology Short Stay Units. We have open positions at both locations Newark and Wilmington. RN will provide care for patients undergoing cardiac catheterizations. Patients come to the unit to prepare for the procedure and return after the procedure, where nurses monitor patients until discharge.
ChristianaCare is one of the country's most dynamic healthcare organizations, centered on improving health outcomes, making high-quality care more accessible, and lowering healthcare costs. ChristianaCare includes an extensive network of outpatient services, home health care, urgent care centers, three hospitals (1,299 beds), a free-standing emergency department, a Level I trauma center and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a comprehensive stroke center and regional centers of excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care, and women's health. ChristianaCare is a nonprofit teaching health system with more than 260 residents and fellows. It is continually ranked by U.S. News & World Report as the Best Hospital. With the unique CareVio data-powered care coordination service and a focus on population health and value-based care, ChristianaCare is shaping the future of health care.
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, etc.
- Two retirement planning offerings, including 403(b) with company contributions
- Generous paid time off with annual roll-over and opportunities to cash out
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance
- Incredible Work/Life benefits including annual membership to care.com, access to backup care services for dependents through Care@Work, retirement planning services, financial coaching, fitness and wellness reimbursement, and great discounts through several vendors for hotels, rental cars, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets and much more!
- At least one year of medical/surgical experience in an inpatient setting is required.
- Strongly prefer cardiac and/or step-down experience.
- BLS required.
- ACLS is strongly preferred and will be required to obtain within 6 months of hire
- BSN required or willing and able to obtain within 3 years from the date of hire
- Delaware RN Licensure or eligibility for licensure in Delaware.