Location: Newark, Delaware
Nurse Evidence Based Practice (EBP) Specialist - Nursing Research and EBP Dept.
Casual - 16 hrs per weekday shift: Hybrid opportunity
ChristianaCare is currently seeking an MSN prepared EBP specialist for the Nursing Research and EBP department. In this role, you will report directly to the Vice President, Nursing Quality and Safety and serve as a lead in systemwide EBP program development, provide program oversight, mentor, and serve as a key content expert. In this role you will have the opportunity to lead EBP foundations in practice and facilitate the translation of evidence into practice with the goal of improving outcomes.
- Collaborate/consult with nurses and other members of the healthcare team on evidence-based practice (EBP) initiatives that align with the Department of Nursing's strategic direction and the healthcare system's annual operating plan (AOP) goals.
- Ignites the spirit of inquiry and partners with nurses to investigate clinical practice questions to advance nursing practice through EBP opportunities.
- Mentors and educates nurses on the EBP process and the translation of research into practice.
- Provides expertise and guidance in EBP program development, management, and evaluation.
- Disseminates results of EBP projects internally and externally.
- Contributes to nursing image through presentations &/or publications based on results.
- Enhances the language and culture of evidence- based professional practice across the system by role modeling scientific-mindedness, critical thinking, integrative capacity and relational skills into practice standards.
Education & Requirements:
- DNP or PhD or EdD preferred; MSN required.
- Active nursing license
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in Evidence Based Practice can be in clinical, teaching or school related projects.
- Prefer demonstrated track record of scholarly activities (peer reviewed publications and presentations).
- Demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of EBP initiatives, nursing education, and clinical practice knowledge
- Experience in using electronic medical records, Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access), and other data collection, analysis, and reporting platforms.
Position is casual, 8 to 16 hours per week, non- benefited.
Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, ChristianaCare is one of the country's most dynamic health care organizations, centered on improving health outcomes, making high-quality care more accessible and lowering health care costs. ChristianaCare includes an extensive network of outpatient services, home health care, urgent care centers, three hospitals (1,299 beds), a free-standing emergency department, a Level I trauma center and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a comprehensive stroke center and regional centers of excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care and women's health. It also includes the pioneering Gene Editing Institute and was rated by IDG Computerworld as one of the nation's Best Places to Work in IT. ChristianaCare is a nonprofit teaching health system, Magnet Designated and continually ranked by U.S. News & World Report as a Best Hospital. With the unique CareVio data-powered care coordination service and a focus on population health and value-based care, ChristianaCare is shaping the future of health care.
For more information about this incredible opportunity, please email Marianne.Foard@Christianacare.org