Location: Newark, Delaware
Christiana Care Health System is proud to announce our Heart and Vascular Interventional Services Cath Lab Nurse Residency Program for nurses with less than 1 year of experience.
This unique 12-month program is a combination of classroom and clinical experiences, with dedicated time in critical care units and orientation to the Cath Lab. This program allows for a smooth transition from other areas of nursing to the specialized needs of Cath Lab nursing.
The Cath lab has an on-call requirement to serve our Level 1 Trauma Center and comprehensive stroke center. The Cardiac Cath Lab services an average of 400 STEMI cases per year.
Our Nurse Residency is only open to nurses with less than 1 year of experience, who wish to work in our Cath Lab. Participants must also agree to sign a commitment agreement to work at the Christiana Care Health System for two years from the official start date as a registered nurse. Individuals unable to fill this commitment will be charged up to $10,000 in recompense.
This position requires the flexibility to work 8-, 10- and 12-hour shifts. During the critical care ICU rotations, the shifts will be 8 and/or 12 hours rotating between day, evening, midnight, and weekend shifts. The lab orientation shifts will predominantly be 10 hour shifts but will include rotations and trainings that will require 8-hour days. There will be on call requirements for orientation shifts during the Cath Lab orientation.
- Graduating from accredited nursing school before July 2023 (BSN Preferred)
- BLS required
- Less than 12 months of nursing experience by the start of the program
- Eligible for Delaware license as a Graduate Nurse/Registered Nurse
How to apply
- In the section "My Experience," on the application, be sure to upload your cover letter and transcripts in the section "Resume/CV/Other Documents." PDF format works best.
- Submit a cover letter for the HVIS Nurse Residency expressing your interest in this specific program/specialty.
- Please address your cover letter to Katlyn DeAngelis.
- Transcript (unofficial)
- Two clinical recommendations will be required, but not at the time of the application. If it is determined the minimum qualifications are met, a separate email will be sent from an outside vendor for you to provide us with your clinical instructors' information.
What to Expect After Application:
- Communication from Talent Acquisition Team about specific next steps, including: video interview and clinical references
- Applications to be sent for review by residency coordinators
- Digital real-time interviews
- Offers to be made in stages following
If you have any issues with your application or any inquiries, please contact Cathleen Mengel, the Nurse Residency recruiter at email@example.com.
It is important to note that the DE license process may take 6-8 weeks to complete and the failure to do so will directly impact employees' ability to start a position if an offer is made. We strongly encourage applicants to visit the DE Board of Nursing website and begin the fingerprinting and background check process immediately after you submit your application.