Assistant Registered Nurse Manager, Dialysis Clinic
$10K Sign On Bonus to Eligible Candidates*
2906 Foster Creighton Drive; Nashville, TN
Requisition Number 2215038
The Assistant Nurse Manager within the Vanderbilt Outpatient Dialysis Clinic is a direct supervisory leadership role that is a key member of the Nursing leadership team and in partnership with Fresenius Kidney Care, and will perform but not limited to the following:
- Lead staff members and actively participates in overall management of the area, development of clinical practice, and provision of patient care with accountabilities for implementation and outcomes for people leadership, quality, service, compliance, finance, throughput and scheduling.
- Ensure the unit's optimal performance by engaging in effective problem solving for staff, patients and families and to develop/lead the assigned staff.
- Provide feedback and coaching to Fresenius staff members, recognizing them for their contributions while fostering a high performance culture.
- Under the guidance and direction of the patient care nurse manager and in partnership with the Fresenius leadership team, help develop, implement and evaluate systems that promote cost effective quality patient care.
Vanderbilt nephrology and hypertension experts care for people with a wide range of kidney conditions. We treat genetic diseases, rare conditions and complicated medical challenges, such as kidney disease coupled with multiple organ failure. We customize care to your needs, including preparing you for a kidney transplant if that is necessary for your health.
The Vanderbilt OHO in center dialysis center has 47 chairs and sees patients 6 days a week for dialysis needs.
Vanderbilt's home dialysis program is the largest in the region, and the percentage of people we care for with home dialysis is higher than the national average. Our experienced nursing and healthcare staff also provide in-center dialysis at three state-of-the art facilities.
The clinic is open Monday - Friday with Saturday as needed; Days. 6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. The clinic is located at 2906 Foster Creighton Drive; Nashville, TN 37204.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
* Nursing Careers: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
* Benefits: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
* Our Nursing Philosophy: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/philosophy.html
* Our Nursing Leadership: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/leadership.html
* Shared Governance: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
* Education & Professional Development: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/professional-development.html
* Life In Nashville: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html
* VUMC Nursing: http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=vanderbilt-nursing
- Under guidance of manager, implements area specific quality planned linked to the organizations goals.
- Develops, manages and evaluates area based on work team performance.
- Manages projects/on-going work activities (timelines, work plans, deliverables) and maintains alignment with strategic plan and vision.
- Acts as clinical leader and facilitates education for staff on clinical standards; routinely provides guidance/coaching to subordinates/peers within clinical specialty(ies).
- Ensures that clinical assignments are based on patient care needs and demonstrated staff competencies.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
LEADERSHIP - (NOVICE):- Sets the example in challenging and difficult situations. Can demonstrate different leadership styles, such as supportive and authoritative, as individuals and situations require it. Communicates team and unit goals clearly and effectively. Is receptive to ideas and suggestions from team members. Shows leadership and initiative in situations where supervision is not present or required.
OPERATIONS PLANNING - (NOVICE):- Demonstrates ability to realistically anticipate resource needs, identify discrete tasks, set priorities, define dependencies, schedule activities, meet deadlines, and organize work within areas of direct responsibility. Appropriately matches equipment and capital resources to task demands. Achieves results within budget. Competently handles multiple assignments simultaneously. Reshapes project during life-cycle evolution, if needed. Demonstrates ability to break down work into manageable and measurable units. Accepts changes to assignments with minimal disruption and loss of productivity. Able to absorb changes to major assignments while maintaining a high level of performance. Uses available time efficiently. Follows up to assure problems and issues are resolved.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT - (NOVICE):- Conducts performance reviews. Effectively delegates tasks to others. Coaches subordinates on technical and interpersonal topics, as well as professional development. Demonstrates team building techniques and provides leadership through personal example of good work habits, open communication and effective people relationships. Involves subordinates in decisions which affect them. Demonstrates self-reliance and resourcefulness as an example to others.
COMPLIANCE - (NOVICE):- Can explain and apply basic statutory instructions in normal situations on the job. Understands the principles upon which the rules and regulations are based. Appropriately escalates problems relating to rules and regulations in timely and effective manner.
BUSINESS RESULTS - (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- Implements appropriate measures for attaining business results and tracks progress in meeting goals and objectives. Demonstrates the ability to deliver products and services on time, within budget, and in accordance with organizational standards and goals. Continuously demonstrates a strong focus on quality. Responds effectively to customer or client needs. Recognizes incipient problems and communicates them to management.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT - (NOVICE):- Has provided continuous analysis and evaluation of assignment work processes, constantly striving for improvement in the way tasks and activities are accomplished by questioning their value to the process and contributing creative solutions. Has participated in the process of establishing, communicating and monitoring standards for quality and excellence. Demonstrates the ability to actually work on and improve a current business process, product or service.
- Organizational Impact: Plans and sets day to day objectives for the team that have a direct effect on the results of the department or area that the job is in.
- Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Resolves technical and operational problems within provided guidelines.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Applies advanced subject matter knowledge within a specific technical area and basic management knowledge to support the team.
- Team Interaction: Leads/supervises a unit within a department or a small department. Typically without budget or hire/fire authority. Role is typically a 'working' supervisor.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (M1):
- - Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- - Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- - Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (M1):
- - Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- - Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (M1):
- - Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- - Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (M1):
- - Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- - Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (M1):
- - Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- - Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- - Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and to the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action. EOE/AA/Women/Minority/Vets/Disabled