Director of Surgical Services
Vanderbilt Tullahoma Harton Hospital
The Director of Surgical Services is responsible for the management and direction of the Surgery Department, Outpatient Surgery Department and the Central Sterile Department. This includes responsibility for all aspects of personnel, materials and equipment, environmental control, education and orientation, assistance to surgeons and all administrative duties. Director Is accountable for all aspects of perioperative nursing care.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Vanderbilt Harton Hospital:
Our 135-bed facility is accredited by The Joint Commission and features an accredited Chest Pain Center.
Acquired by Vanderbilt Health in 2021, the hospital has served Tullahoma, Coffee County, and surrounding counties for more than 50 years. With more than 100 doctors and 500 hospital staff, Vanderbilt Tullahoma-Harton Hospital delivers personalized, high-quality health care close to home, offering a comprehensive range of services in a modern, patient-friendly environment
Our goal is to create an exceptional experience for our patients and their families: keeping them safe, delivering evidence-based medicine, and treating them with kindness and respect.
Click here for more information: www.VanderbilttullahomahartonHospital.com
Full-time (40 hours/week), day shift.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
- Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
- Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
- The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
- Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
- National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
- Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.