The Sr. Sourcing Officer, IT Materials and Services negotiates terms and conditions for purchasing. Establishing strong contract vendor relationships is essential for the Sr. Sourcing Officer role. This incumbent selected for this position will work independently managing deadlines and deliverables. Professionalism and ensuring all approved products and services are purchased under cost effective contracts will be necessary. The Sr. Sourcing Officer will build and maintain strong relationships with customers, both internal and external. The role requires coordination of all opportunities for contracting of new and existing IT materials, supplies and services, including the evaluation of products and vendors.
HYBRID ROLE/OFFICE LOCATION IN MT. JULIET, TN
- Manages existing contracts and supplier relations for areas and products.
- Negotiates contracts for continued cost savings and reliability.
- Assists in financial analysis and needs assessment for purchases and products to include consideration related to total cost impact.
- Develops business plans related to cost containment and resource allocation initiatives.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS (ADVANCED):- Demonstrates an understanding of negotiating skills such as building trust, gaining commitment, managing the opposition and maintaining goodwill. Realizes the need for mutual concessions and accommodations and negotiates with others for resources, actions or buy-in to maximize collaborative outcomes.
PURCHASING (ADVANCED):- Understands the concepts behind supplier relations and supply chain management. Handles supplier-related activities, requests for pricing, and purchases of goods and services while ensuring appropriate costs, schedules, quality, deliveries, terms, and conditions.
SOURCING (INTERMEDIATE):- Finding and determining qualified product, services through a network of resources.
COMMUNICATION (ADVANCED):- Clearly, effectively and respectfully written and verbal communication with employees, leaders and customers.
- Organizational Impact: Independently delivers on objectives with understanding of how they impact the results of own area/team and other related teams.
- Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes multiple sources of data to analyze and resolve complex problems; may take a new perspective on existing solution.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Has advanced knowledge within a professional area and basic knowledge across related areas.
- Team Interaction: Acts as a go-to resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small project teams.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P3):
- - Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- - Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- - Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P3):
- - Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- - Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P3):
- - Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- - Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P3):
- - Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- - Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P3):
- - Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- - Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- - Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.