Registered Nurse (RN) Inpatient
1 West - Observation
Vanderbilt Wilson Co Hospital
$15,000 Sign on Bonus
** for qualified candidates
Responsible for assessing, implementing, and evaluating care for various patients within the facility. Reports directly to the Clinical Director of the unit. This position works in conjunction with other members of nursing service, ancillary services, physicians, patients, and families. It collaborates with various members of the healthcare team to ensure quality of care across the continuum. Requires the ability to be self-directed and quality focused. Interpersonal communication skills are a necessary function of this position.
- Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Graduate of an approved discipline specific program (or equivalent experience)
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
- Registered Nurse Required
- BLS Required
- The 1 West Unit at VWCH is a 17 bed unit. This department is a New Observation Unit which opened June 1, 2021. It was previously our COVID and Rule out patients. Self-Scheduling is available. Nurse Assistants-Cross train as Unit Clerk. Requires BLS and works every other weekend.
- Collaborates in establishing the plan of care, coordinates and implements care delivery while anticipating patient care needs across the continuum.
- Analyzes comprehensive information pertinent to the patient's care and management to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Continually utilizes the nursing process to evaluate patient's progress towards goals and applies appropriate interventions to ensure effective outcomes.
- Employs strategies to promote health and a safe and healthy environment.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
Sign-On Bonus Requirements:
The sign-on bonus is not applicable to current VUMC staff or former staff who have worked for VUMC in the past twelve months.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery, and patient care, VUMC is a community of diverse individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and where your diversity of culture, thinking, learning, and leading is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and to the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action. EOE/AA/Women/Minority/Vets/Disabled
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care, education, and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC Nursing: