Location: Newark, Delaware
Registered Nurse (RN) - Neuro Critical Care
Casual 56 hrs. Bi- Weekly - Rotating Day/Morning Shifts (Hours: 7a-7p & 7p-7a) Weekends and holidays as required)
Neurocritical Care at Christiana Care Hospital is currently seeking an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) to provide advanced care for neurovascular, neurological and Neurosurgical illness and injuries.
The Neuro Critical Care Unit is an 18 bed ICU on 2D focused on the care of neurological and neurosurgical patients. This includes (but not limited to), hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke, cerebral aneurysms, brain tumors, brain and spine infections, complicated spine surgeries, hydrocephalus, neuromuscular disorders, seizures/status epilepticus, and isolated neuro trauma. We have a cohesive nursing team who serve patients with a multidisciplinary approach. The bedside nurses will have primary involvement in daily rounds. Our highly motivated nursing staff and strong preceptor group promote professionalism, education, and camaraderie
ChristianaCare is one of the country's most dynamic health care organizations, centered on improving health outcomes, making high-quality care more accessible and lowering health care costs. ChristianaCare includes an extensive network of outpatient services, home health care, urgent care centers, three hospitals (1,299 beds), a free-standing emergency department, a Level I trauma center and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a comprehensive stroke center and regional centers of excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care and women's health. It also includes the pioneering Gene Editing Institute and was rated by IDG Computerworld as one of the nation's Best Places to Work in IT. ChristianaCare is a nonprofit teaching health system with more than 260 residents and fellows. It is continually ranked by U.S. News & World Report as a Best Hospital. With the unique CareVio data-powered care coordination service and a focus on population health and value-based care, ChristianaCare is shaping the future of health care.
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, etc.
- Two retirement planning offerings, including 403(b) with company contributions
- Generous paid time off with annual roll-over and opportunities to cash out
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance
- Incredible Work/Life benefits including annual membership to care.com, access to backup care services for dependents through Care@Work, retirement planning services, financial coaching, fitness and wellness reimbursement, and great discounts through several vendors for hotels, rental cars, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets and much more!
Education & Requirements:
- Current RN license.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- BLS Certification required.
- RN must have a at least two years of RN experience working on an ICU, stepdown or progressive care unit.