Location: Elkton, Maryland
ChristianaCare, a healthcare organization with 1100 beds between two Magnet(r) recognized hospitals (Christiana and Wilmington) and the only Level 1 Trauma service on the East Coast corridor between Philadelphia and Baltimore. Honored repeatedly as "One of America's Best Hospitals" by U.S. News & World Report!
We are a Medical ICU that sees complex patients that include, sepsis, respiratory failure, respiratory compromise that requires vents, s/p TPA patients who have a stroke diagnosis, patients with substance abuse requiring high level medications, GI bleed that may require numerous transfusions, DKA, hyponatremia, care for the patient who has obtained ROSC and various other diagnosis.
Looking for a highly motivated, energetic, RN that wants to take your skills to the next level. Working in a interdisciplinary team approach that closely works with pharmacy, respiratory, intensivist, PA's and other consultants to provide patient centered care. Intensivist is housed directly on the ICU unit which makes it easy to communicate so nursing is able to provide quality patient care. Great place to start or grow your critical care knowledge especially if you are looking to advance your skills to caring for the more acutely ill patients. We are a 9 bed ICU with at 2:1 patient ratio.
This position is 36 hours per week. Typical Hours are 1930-0700 with rotation. Encourage a CCRN certification, not required.
Qualities and Experience We Are Looking For
- Collaborative approach to patient care
- Commitment to patient advocacy
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Compassionate and caring partner
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, etc.
- Two retirement planning offerings, including 403(b) with company contributions
- Generous paid time off with annual roll-over and opportunities to cash out
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance
- Incredible Work/Life benefits including annual membership to care.com, access to backup care services for dependents through Care@Work, retirement planning services, financial mentor, fitness and wellness reimbursement, and great discounts through several vendors for hotels, rental cars, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets and much more!
What are we about: Our mission as an organization is to serve our neighbors as expert, caring partners in their health. We do this by creating innovative, effective, affordable systems of care that our neighbors value. This is our promise to you. As a nonprofit health system, our mission is one of service. We believe that the key to providing truly great health care is to partner with our patients and their families, building a system of care that is effective, affordable and valuable to everyone who is touched by it.
ChristianaCare has the most advanced health care technology available to help meet your needs. But more important than the technology is our commitment to partner with you to meet your individual needs. We want to care for you and help you live the healthy life you want to live.
- BSN required.
- ADNs candidate are required to commitment to obtaining BSN within three years of date of hire can be considered with relevant experience.
- Qualified applicants will have at least one year experience. Acute care required
- BLS required
- ACLS preferred. Must get within 3 months of hire.
The successful candidate may be eligible for a $10,000 sign on bonus to be paid over a period of 12 months.