Location: Valhalla, New York
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
The Epilepsy Neuroscience team is expanding! We are recruiting for an experienced Neuroscience PA who will primarily support the management of our pediatric and adult epilepsy patients.The PA will be an integral member of our care team and will partner with experienced physicians, nursing, and GME house-staff in the Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery to enhance upon the care management of our diverse epilepsy population with a particular focus on pediatric and refractory patients undergoing neurosurgical evaluation and intervention.
- Performing medical evaluations, follow-up visits, and consultations for diverse pre and post epileptic care management of pediatric epilepsy patients.
- Medication Management and Diagnostic testing follow-through
- Evaluate patients both in a shared capacity with an MD, as well as, autonomously in the outpatient setting.
- Responding to and managing the care of existing patients/follow-up epileptic patients throughout their hospital course inclusive of ICU, ED, EMU, inpatient floor and outpatient practice.
- Gaining a working competency of procedures performed in EMU and neuromodulatory devices.
- Time will be divided between pediatric and adult EMUs, outpatient epilepsy and neurosurgery practices, with the primary focus being on care for the pediatric epilepsy patients.
- Candidates must be board certified as a Physician Assistant.
- Current and active NYS PA License, PALS, ACLS, and DEA required.
- Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 5-years' experience as a practicing PA with a focus on outpatient or neuroscience. Highly motivated new graduates with subspecialty interest are encouraged to apply.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and demonstrate an ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Comprehensive salary and benefit package which includes malpractice coverage, CME Allowance, and 401k
- The highest standard of quality practice backed by comprehensive and collaborative support services
- Opportunities for continued professional development, mentoring and career advancement.
- Westchester Medical Center Advanced Physicians Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WMCHealth is a 1,900-bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York, with 10 hospitals on seven campuses spanning 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. WMCHealth employs more than 12,000 people and has nearly 3,000 attending physicians. From Level 1, Level 2 and Pediatric Trauma Centers, the region's only acute care children's hospital, an academic medical center, several community hospitals, dozens of specialized institutes and centers, a state of the art Telemedicine program, skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, homecare services and one of the largest mental health systems in New York State, today WMCHealth is the pre-eminent provider of integrated healthcare in the Hudson Valley. Westchester Medical Center Advanced Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.WMCHealth values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. We seek candidates who embrace and reflect diversity in the broadest sense. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class.
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC