Facility: Baylor Scott and White Hospital- College Station, TX
Department: Medical Surgical (Med/Surg)
Shift/Status: Full Time, 36 hrs/wk
Schedule: Day Shift (7am-7pm), self- scheduling
Medical Surgical Unit
Patient Population: Adult/Geriatric Medical and Surgical patients. Surgical patients include general surgery, joints, bariatrics and more. Medical patients include sepsis, telemetry, observation and a side variety of other illnesses.
# of beds: 48
Patient Ratios: 1:5
Baylor Scott & White Health College Station is a private, non-profit, 143-bed, multi-specialty hospital. The Medical Center is a certified advanced primary stroke center, a certified chest pain center as well as a Level III Trauma Center. We also have the only Level III NICU designation in Brazos Valley. Additionally, we have achieved the American Nurse Credentialing Center Magnet Designation. This is a hospital that works for you and exceeds all expectations! Don’t just take our word for it, let us show you a career that’s worth bragging about.
We welcome applicants who will serve faithfully, act honestly, never settle, and recognize that we are in it together to deliver world-class healthcare.
Why Baylor Scott & White Health
At Baylor Scott & White Health, we empower each other to create healthier communities and deliver safe and high-quality care across the state of Texas. With more than 52 hospitals, 800 access points, a quality health plan and an award-winning research institute, you’ll enjoy endless opportunities to make your mark on the future of healthcare. At Baylor Scott and White Health, you’ll be joining a team that’s committed to better. Because better never settles. And neither should you.
As the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States, Baylor Scott & White Health has the resources to offer a variety of career opportunities to meet your personal and professional goals. Whether you are interested in full-time, part-time, PRN, day, night or variable shifts, we have an opportunity for you!
The Baylor Scott & White Health nursing team challenges each other to innovate, to constantly raise the bar and to never settle. Every day, our diverse group of team members bring unique talents, a passion for innovation and a deep Commitment to those we serve.
Baylor Scott & White Health Registered Nurses Enjoy
- Competitive pay including an RN Bonus Program rewarding nurses for providing exceptional care and improving patient outcomes.
- Attractive Relocation Assistance for full-time candidates.
- Excellent benefits including a generous 401(k) program with company match, vacation and paid time off (PTO), tuition assistance, immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits and wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy. (Note: benefits may vary based on position type and/or level).
- A strong shared governance model featuring unit-based councils that empower nurses and improve patient outcomes.
- Access to more than 4,000 hours of online continuing education for professional development.
- A strong system Nurse Practice Council that uses autonomy, authority and accountability in collaboration with transformational nursing leadership to drive nursing practice throughout Baylor Scott & White Health.
- A spirit of inquiry and innovation that promotes Evidence-based practice, research and innovations in nursing practice.
- A healthy work environment and culture of safety using inter-professional collaboration and professional competencies to meet the needs of patients to provide safe passage and quality outcomes at every encounter.