Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Neuro - Epilepsy Lab 10
An Epilepsy Monitoring Unit tech keeps constant visual observation of monitored patients for safety and EEG study quality.
* Maintains/continuous and active video and audio monitoring of EEG patients and addresses recording issues and concerns as needed. Answers/alerts alarms at the EEG monitor station, notifies nursing staff of alarms as needed and clears alarms when applicable.
* Documents equipment and recording issues and concerns; notifies appropriate team members in a timely manner.
* LOGGING: maintains accurate and current log of all ongoing video EEG recordings.
* Maintains and communicates up-to-date recording status information of ongoing continuous EEG.
* Medical Terminology & Documentation (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate medical terminology and documentation in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
* Medical Devices (Fundamental Awareness): Has training, direct exposure, limited experience, or past experience installing and repairing simple and well-defined problems with the equipment. Able to read simple schematics and other instructions for installing and repairing equipment.
* Data Interpretation (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate data interpretation in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
* EEG MONITORING (NOVICE): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to effectively monitor electroencephalographic rhythms in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
Our clinical and nursing support roles are at the center of all we do, helping us be the world leader in advancing personalized health. We support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce. High-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt Health for professional growth, appreciation of benefits, and a sense of community and purpose. We support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce.
* Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team's performance with occasional guidance. * Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems. * Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job. * Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues : Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner. Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns in a timely manner. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department. Managing Resources Effectively : - Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error. Fostering Innovation : - Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them. - Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action. - Adapts to Change: Embraces changes by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Relevant Work Experience
Less than 1 year
High School Diploma or GED
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.