Location: Valhalla, New York
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
The Orthopaedic Surgery PA team is expanding at WMCHealth! We are recruiting for experienced Orthopaedic Surgery PAs who will primarily support the outpatient management of our adult and pediatric orthopaedic patients. Our Department of Orthopaedic Surgery continues to grow to meet the needs of our community throughout the network with a team of skilled sub-specialty focused advanced practice providers.PAs are integral members of our department and clinical care teams that provide comprehensive subspecialty care in a multitude of orthopaedic clinical sections such as trauma, sports medicine, hand, joint replacement, spine surgery, musculoskeletal oncology, pediatric orthopedic surgery and foot and ankle surgery.
- Performing history/physicals, medical evaluations, follow-up visits, and consultations for diverse pre/post orthopaedic care management of both adult and pediatric populations
- Medication Management and Diagnostic testing coordination and follow-through
- Evaluate patients both in a shared capacity with an MD, as well as, autonomously in the outpatient setting
- Responding to and managing the care of new or existing patients/follow-up orthopedic surgery patients
- Perform and assist with therapeutic and diagnostic procedures performed in the outpatient setting
- Casting, splinting, and other non-invasive treatment plans.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Candidates must be board certified as a Physician Assistant.
- Current and active NYS PA License, PALS, ACLS, and DEA required.
- Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 5 years' experience as a practicing clinical PA with a focus on outpatient panel management or within a given specialty of orthopedic surgery. Highly motivated new graduates with subspecialty interest are encouraged to apply.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and demonstrate an ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Comprehensive salary and benefit package which includes malpractice coverage, CME Allowance, and 401k
- The highest standard of quality practice backed by comprehensive and collaborative support services
- Opportunities for continued professional development, mentoring and career advancement.
- Westchester Medical Center Advanced Physicians Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Westchester Medical Center Health Network (WMCHealth) is a 1,700-bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York, with 10 hospitals located on 7 campuses. Network facilities and personnel provide comprehensive care over 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. WMCHealth is the pre-eminent provider of integrated healthcare in the Hudson Valley and employs over 12,000 individuals including 3,000 attending physicians and 200 physician assistant. The network operates a flagship academic medical center and Level 1 trauma center, multiple Level 2 and Level 3 trauma centers, a Pediatric Trauma Center, the region's only dedicated children's hospital, several community hospitals, numerous specialized institutes and centers of excellence, skilled nursing and assisted living facilities, agencies providing homecare services and one of the largest mental health systems in New York State.For more information about this opportunity, contact Jasmine Campos, Advanced Clinical Recruiter for WMCHealth at (914) 493-2176 or by email at jasmine.campos@WMCHealth.org
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC